Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Airfields: New Demos


The Airfields

As you might remember, we posted on The Airfields a little while back and as I remember, I mentioned then that I was waiting on the 10" version of the Laneways EP to be finished. Well, I finally got it and it didn't leave my turntable for weeks. If I was going to make a year end list of EPs (which I may very well do), then Laneways would very likely take the number one spot, it's really that good. That's obviously subjective though, as if you're not a fan of early Sarah Records-era indie pop like, say, The Field Mice, then maybe you won't find it to be that good.

Anyway, Laneways aside, the band's been very hard at work writing and recording new material for their forthcoming full-length. From the looks of these few new demos, the new album is going to amazing. I'm a teensy bit short on time, but I've gotta say my personal favorite has to be "You're So Wonderful," with it's diluted vocals and obvious nods to early My Bloody Valentine.

[MP3]: The Airfields :: You're So Wonderful (Highest Recommendation!)
[MP3]: The Airfields :: Prisoners Of Our Love
[MP3]: The Airfields :: The Longway Home

As a bonus, here's my favorite track from the Laneways EP:
[MP3]: The Airfields :: Nowhere Left To Go (Highly Recccccccccc'd!)

Pick up the Laneways EP on CD or handprinted 10" from Humblebee Recordings
The Airfields on MySpace

************************************************

December is finally upon us and you can guess what that means! YEAR END LISTS!!! The folks over at Gorilla Vs. Bear, Chromewaves, and Wolf Notes (ex-Good Hodgkins) are ahead of the pack this year and have already got their lists up. We should have ours up sometime in the next week or so, so keep your eyes peeled!

Gorilla Vs. Bear's top albums of 2006
Chromewaves' top albums of 2006
Wolf Notes' top albums of 2006

Check em out!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

7 Comments:

Blogger curt said...

this is good.
hand printed vinyl jackets...

happy birthday to myself.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous a matt who doesn't write here said...

Hey.

Not to say anything offensive, but you created a monster a while ago and it's finally broken out.

Today, Pitchfork's closing sentence on MaPC's solid album review:

"Drummer Kevin Emerson may have a surprising funk pedigree, but this is music to hold hands to."

I'm a fan, but you gave the dude a surprising funk pedigree.

Ouch.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

that totally wasnt my fault :(

1:53 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

i'd like to feel like it is, but it probably isnt.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous the other matt said...

I suppose.

I just read that and thought of that strange-as-hell comments section.

Little harm, no foul.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aquarium drunkards iz up too

6:42 PM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home