Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ed in the Refridgerators

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ed in the Refridgerators is one of the most pleasent finds of mine in recent months. They're on a tiny little label out of Massachusetts called Eskimo Laboratories that i so happily found on one of my excursions through the depths of the Asaurus Records links page. They just released a new record titled Get Excommunicated! and they have a wild obession with the Pope. Apparently, you can even Email the Pope right from their humble little website! Of course, I dropped Mr. Benedict a line. Sadly, I still havent recived a reply.

Ed in the Refridgerators also ran for Pope this year but they were "narrowly defeated." I wish them my deepest condolences. Read the press release here. and here.

On some songs("My Muscles", "Similar") they sound like The Walkmen singing The Unicorns. And other songs, "The Pope Song" for instance, sound just plain wierd, but a good wierd. Think organ-led avant church pop, yeah, thats the best i can do. If you can describe it better, tell me. "Similar" is my favorite so far. It tells the story of guy who doesnt like coffee, but he does like the girl at the coffee shop, so he goes and just stares at his coffee hoping that maybe she'll come stare at it with him, but she never does. Poor guy. Did i mention the two guys in the band are only 18 and 19 years old? Yeah. Shocking.

If you dont listen to these guys youre are really truly missing out. Even if you decide that they're terrible, you'll be glad you listened.

The Music...
"My Muscles"
"Similar"
"The Pope Song"

Buy Get Excommunicated! from Eskimo Laboratories.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home