Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Cheyenne

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Cheyenne started out as the musical project of one Beau Jennings, along with a large cast of revolving door musicians icluding members of Ester Drang, Fruit Bats, Starlight Mints, and Sufjan Steven’s Illinoisemakers. Since the release of Cheyenne's first full length I Am Haunted, I Am Alive last year, the band's line-up has become more permanent and now includes Beau Jennings (guitar, vocals) Heath Fisher (drums, vocals), Rob Stephenson (banjo, pedal steel), and Ben Shelton (piano, vocals). On the album, guitars, pianos, synthesizers, lap steel and drums accompany haunting murder ballads and heartbreaking stories of both love and war. Beau's songwriting is somewhere along the lines Sufjan Stevens of Jeff Tweedy, while his vocals lie more in David Bazan territory, which is, by no means, a bad territory to be. Oddly enough, co-producer for I Am Haunted, I Am Alive has worked with both Pedro the Lion and Sufjan Stevens.

"Once this album starts working its charms - and it’s really only a matter of seconds before that happens - it’s harder than hell to get it out of your CD player." - Copperpress.com

[MP3]: From I Am Haunted, I Am Alive
You Were The Sound (Highly Rec'd)
Houses (Highly Rec'd)

BUY I Am Haunted, I Am Alive from The Record Machine for $10.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

also a ryan lindsey is now pretty solidly fixed in the band...he has some solo stuff that is amazing...
www.myspace.com/ryanlindsey82

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home