Monday, June 23, 2008

Burnt Out Landscapes

Is it fair to consider a compilation as an actual album? Because if it is, than The MLS have just released the best record of the year, hands down. Within the 26(!!!) tracks on Burnt Out Landscapes, there are at least 26 awesome songs – some of which transcend awesome ("You'll Never Get That Guy," "Johnny Boy," "Head Over Heels"), and require a different adjective all together (tre-awesome, perhaps(just rewatched Camp Nowhere the other day, what can I say?)). I heard "Johnny Boy" for the first time live back in March at the Cake Shop in NYC and I've been dying to hear it recorded ever since – but even with my super-high expectations, it's still blowing me away. The Manhattan Love Suicides can seriously do no wrong in my book, and they just keep pumping out songs left and right. Go and order Burnt Out Landscapes from Squirrel Records, right now!!!

Listen to "Head Over Heels"!
[MP3]: The Manhattan Love Suicides :: Head Over Heels

Watch the (creepy as shit) video for "Clusterfuck"


ALSO: while you're at it, I just found this video of a great acoustic version of "You'll Never Get That Guy" (perhaps my fav MLS song ever?) and you should watch it!

The MLS on MySpace!!!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home