Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Electric Pop Group: "Walk Away"


The Electric Pop Group

As you read on, this post may seem a little overbearing in it's praise, but it's because I'm just so completely smitten with this record right now and I have nothing but amazing things to say about it. If it weren't for it's late end of the year release, the debut self-titled record by The Electric Pop Group would have surely been in my top five of the year. Yet another one the fantastically great pop bands coming out of Sweden as of late, The Electric Pop Group seem to be some miraculous millenium reincarnation of The Field Mice, what with their popping drum machine and sweetly plucked guitar. I've been saying this a lot the past few days, but hey, I'm gonna go ahead and throw this song in the group of some of the greatest pop songs to surface in a while.

[MP3]: The Electric Pop Group :: Walk Away (C'mon, do I even need to say it?!)
What this band lacks in a name, they more than make up for in their completely genuine emotion. I'd even go so far as saying "Walk Away" is this generation's "Emma's House." Now, that's saying a lot since: A.) I am part of this generation B.) "Emma's House" is one of my favorite songs ever written. Just listen to those opening notes, it just sounds so terribly sad. If you're not in love immediately, just wait for the chorus: "You say come on with me / stay with me for a while / and I don't mind / I can come with you tonight / and I do / and we do all things we used to do / but tomorrow / I'll just walk away from you." I mean, come on. COME ON. It's just too good.

Buy the record from Fraction Discs
The Electric Pop Group on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

woah thanks! i love this song!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great song matt!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cure meets the field mice? a bit too much, but an ok track..

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great song.

still think the best song in this vane is '100,000 fireflies' by the m.f.s. talk about sad.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home