Monday, October 08, 2007

The Lucksmiths: "Falling Off of My Feet Again" (Siddeleys cover)


The Lucksmiths

I've been slowly working my way through the new, MASSIVE (49 tracks!) Lucksmiths compilation, Spring A Leak and I'm continually excited after every track. There's enough covers, b-sides, demos, compilation tracks, and unreleased stuff here to keep anyone happy for months. I knew I was going to love it but I couldn't have possibly been more ecstatic when I saw that not only was there Cat's Miaow cover (!), but there's also a Siddeleys cover!!! – and of one of my favorite Siddeleys songs, "Falling Off of My Feet Again." I would hugely recommend Spring A Leak to not just Lucksmiths fans – who will no doubt love every second of every 49 tracks – but to anyone who's ever loved any kind of indiepop, because chances are there's probably something here that you wont see coming! P.S. I've also posted the original "Falling Off of My Feet Again." Both versions obviously come highly recommended!

[MP3]: The Lucksmiths :: Falling Off of My Feet Again (Siddeleys cover)
[MP3]: The Siddeleys :: Falling Off of My Feet Again

Pick up Spring A Leak from Matinee Records!
The Lucksmiths on MySpace!

Oh, and you can actually grab The Siddeleys' Slum Clearance from Matinee, too – which you should definitely do if you don't own it, because it's one of the most essential indiepop records ever. Totally unfuckablewith.

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur!

My personal favorite is the Jonathan Richman cover.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

that one's good too!

theres just so much! :)

12:27 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

soo so good. i had the good fortune of seeing them when they came by santa barbara for the matinee anniversary show a few weeks ago, and i had to buy it. HAD to.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

i saw them a few weeks ago with ladybug transistor and still flyin!
they were so so so excellent!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Marianthi said...

I'm so glad you picked up on the Siddeleys cover cos it really is the highlight of that Lucksmiths record for me. It's dead good!

m x

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I am really digging this track. Another band I've recently discovered that I think you might like is White Shoes and the Couples Company. You can download their songs at mintyfresh.com.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Dan-onymous said...

Hey Matt,
I saw the same lineup in NY a couple weeks ago too...I second your "so so excellent" and raise it another so.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

oh oh my!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home