Friday, September 21, 2007

Summer Cats

When I got a sampler from Cloudberry Records a month or two ago, I threw it the computer and listened to it pretty much nonstop for a while; then I guess I got distracted, because up until a few days ago I had completely forgotten about it. Revisiting it I realized that there's a lot on it that should be mentioned; in due time of course.

The cause for going back to the sampler was Victoria, Australia's Summer Cats. The Summer Cats are a wonderful three boy, two girl indiepop band that love The Cat's Miaow and sound a good bit like the Acid House Kings – all good things. Their songs melodies are soaked in acoustic/electric sunshine and full to the brim with some really brilliant boy/girl vocal harmonies. They released an EP on Cloudberry Records earlier this year, and they've also put out a split 7" with Portland's Eux Autres. I've been listening to their song "Wild Rice," from their Cloudberry EP, over and over again, and I still think it's just completely excellent; and I also still think the beginning reminds me of the beginning of The Orchids' song "Apologies," too. Anyway, definitely give this song a listen.

[MP3]: Summer Cats :: Wild Rice (Really Highly Recommended!!!)

Cloudberry still has a few copies of the EP left.
If you want one, you can grab it HERE.
The split can be ordered from the Summer Cats' MySpace, HERE.

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A member of Summer Cats sold me Saropoly for $20. So they're pretty cool in my book.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

SAROPOLY?!?! :O

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home