Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Smile and A Ribbon: The Boy I Wish I Never Met

Hot on the heels of Warm Morning's Silver Rain, comes A Smile and A Ribbon's ridiculously excellent The Boy I Wish I Never Met LP; the second Shelflife release since their joyous rebirth earlier this year. I've mentioned A Smile and A Ribbon here before and after hearing the new album, I think I can safely say they're one of my favorite new bands of this year. The Boy I Wish I Never Met is as cute, concise, and charming as indiepop pop can get, blending the beautiful sounds of 50s and 60s girl groups with the carefree naivete of 90s twee. The record's title track "The Boy I Wish I Never Met" is one of the best pop songs of the year, I think. Check it out. If you like it, I'd highly suggest picking up the record. It's a CD/7" combo and Shelflife only pressed 300 of them so they'll probably go fast!

[MP3]: A Smile and A Ribbon :: The Boy I Wish I Never Met (Highly Rec'd!)

Buy The Boy I Wish I Never Met CD/7" from Shelflife
A Smile and A Ribbon on MySpace!

"Hey la, hey la, my bunny's back"

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yedna said...

Received mine in the mail today. I Haven't listened to the 7" yet, but I'm loving the cd.

I Hope you don't mind, I linked your review to my post regarding Shelflife's exceptional packaging. You can check it out on my blog here: http://meowblogger.blogspot.com/2007/09/boy-i-wish-i-never-met-by-smile-and.html

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home