Thursday, September 20, 2007

Modular: "Playa Biquini"


Pablo and Mariana of Modular.

When I think of space age synth pop – cause I really think about it so often – I inevitably think of Stereolab. Thing is, there's plenty more bands out there right now doing this relatively pigeon-holed genre justice; maybe not Stereolab-sized justice, but justice nonetheless. I say this after recently coming upon the Buenos Aires-based band, Modular. Named after the legendary Moog Modular analog synthesizer, the band basically sounds like what you would hope: woodwinds, brass, buzzes, beeps, farfisa organ, along with the ever important jangly guitar and moog, for good measure. This track comes from from their 2005 record, El Triangulo de las Bermudas. Hope you like!

[MP3]: Modular :: Playa Biquini (Highly Recommended)

I'm really not sure how you would buy any of their records, but I assuming your best bet would be to message them on MySpace.

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Glassy said...

this reminds me a little of Le Mans, I like it!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home