Friday, October 21, 2005

William Duke


Ah. I love when this happens. It all starts with a rumor i heard a while back about a repressing of Beulah's Handsome Western States(it is being repressed, by the way). So, I thought I would head over to their website to investigate, and among other things, such as repressing confirmations, i see that Bill Swan has been working with Beulah's live sound engineer, Chris Palmatier, on a EP for a band called Bye Bye Blackbirds. Having never heard of them i went to their website, and low and behold, no music to listen to. I was crushed, as you could imagine, but i found hope. In their news section I found a link to some songs from band member Willam Duke's solo project. If Bye Bye Blackbirds sound anything like this, Im going to love them as well. Nothing better than an unexpected surprise on a friday morning.

If you could, for a minute, try to imagine if the Lucksmiths stole all of the synths from the new Calla album and made a song. Well, Willam Duke beat 'em to it and he called it "A Part of Me." As for the other song, it's just as good, if not better, but I dont feel like describing it for you. Im too lazy and I have to get back to making a collage of printer equipment. Just listen to them. Oh and be a doll and let me know if you liked him or not. If you hate him, email me and Ill give my home address, I like getting hate mail.

From The Ghost that would not be
A Part of Me
Home to Nowhere

If you want the album, youre going to have email William yourself...
But look how easy I made it for you: BUY THE ALBUM
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this cd rules. i have it, i love it.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home