Thursday, December 01, 2005

Smashing Pumpkins' James Iha Remixes Stellastarr*


Apparently the Smashing Pumpkins' guitarist, James Iha, is a big Stellastarr* fan. Fan enough of course to remix one of the tracks from the new Stellastarr* album, Harmonies for the Haunted. I was really excited when I recieved this MP3 in an email today and while I think I still like the original a bit more, this is wonderfully done. But I knew it would be, I mean c'mon, it's James Iha and Stellastarr*. How could it not be awesome?

[MP3]: Stellastarr* - Sweet Troubled Soul (James Iha Remix)

Also here is the video for "Sweet Troubled Soul," check it out.
[MOV]: Stellastarr* - Sweet Troubled Soul
[ASX]: Stellastarr* - Sweet Troubled Soul

BONUS!
[MP3]: Stellastarr* - Homeland
This is my favorite Stellastarr* song and it's from their debut self-titled album. A lot of people will say "Pulp Song" is the best song on the album, but I would have to disagree. It's that glistening plucked guitar floating over the whole song that gets me everytime.

P.S.
I got my hands on the first Wolf Parade EP. It's rough but it's still very good and it has a very different version of "Modern World" on it. If you guys want this, let me know and I'll put it up.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes please on the modern world

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home