Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday Wrap-Up

More Capstan Shafts

Ive been listening to The Sleeved and Grandaughters of the Blacklist by The Capstan Shafts all weekend and I now have a few new favorites. Being the generous soul I am, I've decided to share them with you.

[MP3]: The Capstan Shafts - Can't Climb A Tree (Without Breaking A Few Branches)
This is the most "Belle and Sebastian-y" song on the album. This is the second track and it's a good thing because I wasn't very interested in the first track. This one got me hooked.

[MP3]: The Capstan Shafts - Whatever, I'm A Miracle...
I like the song title a lot. I also happen to like the song a lot. Listen for the guitar that comes in at about 0:23, it's magnificent.

Again, buy the record at Abandoned Love Records (It's only $5!).

New Attorneys Demos

The Attorneys sent me a few brand spankin' new demo tracks over the weekend. Theyre a bit different than the song i posted last week, but I almost like them more. Anyway, definitely check em out and let me know what you think.

[MP3]: The Attorneys - Open Soul
This is my personal favorite. I really like the intro, it's sounds a lot like Joy Division and then after the intro it switches itself to something more along the lines of early Echo & the Bunnymen.

[MP3]: The Attorneys - Time to Fly
This song is all about the vocals, theyre amazing. The vocal harmony in the chorus is beautiful, it'll have you listening a second time for sure.

[MP3]: The Attorneys - Mash Note
Guitar delay solos, tupperware percussion, hand claps, shakers... what more could you ask for? If this goes on their album I think it should be the last song ;)

Elsewhere

Matt over at YANP just posted up his [HILARIOUS] interview with Elliott the Letter Ostrich.

In his never-ending quest to post everything Jose Gonzalez has ever written, Chris over at GvB has posted up Jose's fabulous cover of Massive Attack's "Teardrop."

An Aquarium Drunkard has got David Bowie and Bing Crosby holiday goodness.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Open soul - genius , been a long while since i heard something this good !!!!
Time to Fly- elliot smith-ish beauty

You are right Mash note could be a last tune !!!!!

thank you so much

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mash Not is the greatest song ever written.....

written again.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have anymore Attorneys stuff.
Who are they?
I like Open Soul.
:)
Winky

3:43 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

yeah i got a couple more songs
just IM me and ill send em to you

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home