Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sleepytime Mixtape Project: 1 & 2

I don't know about most of you out there, but I listen to music when i go to bed every night, it's almost gotten to the point where I have to have music to fall asleep. But that's niether here nor there, the point is I've noticed that some songs help me fall asleep better than others and just make for a generally wonderful relaxing in bed experience. So for the next week or so I will be sharing my personal favorite "good to fall asleep to" songs. I will post two everyday and at the end of the Sleepytime Mixtape Project you can put them all together to make your very own Matt approved Sleepytime Mixtape (How Neat?). And for all of you new iPod users out there, I'll even be making some album art for it, so it will look all pretty on your on your screen. Here are songs one and two. Enjoy!

1. [MP3]: A.C. Newman :: Come Crash
This is the perfect lead off song to any sleepytime mix. Its not as soft as some of the other songs that will come later, but it's the perfect wind down song. In the chorus where he says, "Christine come crash on my floor" there's a guitar bend and drum roll that make it feel like Christine crashed on floor right after he said that.

2. [MP3]: Autistic Daughters :: The Glass House and the Gift-Horse
I first heard this song on a Kranky records compilation and I would listen to it in bed with just this song on repeat the whole time. The song goes back and forth from acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drone and bells. The whispered vocals make the song feel very tense like its always on the brink of snapping but instead it's just immensely mesmerizing.

Buy The Slow Wonder by A.C. Newman from Amazon.com
Buy Jealousy and Diamond by Autistic Daughters from Amazon.com
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home