Tuesday, March 14, 2006

You're Not An Astronaut



There's no need to introduce The Most Serene Republic, I'm quite sure that by now, you should all recognize them. Last year's Underwater Cinematographer was one of the most refreshing albums I heard all year, and they've finally got some new material, if you plan to catch them on tour, that is. Their new tour-only EP Phages is an even more brilliant listen than Underwater Cinematographer. The greatest thing to see here is that they realized what worked on Underwater Cinematographer and seem to have focused their attention to that style specifically on Phages, which really really worked in their favor. Here's a track from Phages.

[MP3]: The Most Serene Republic :: You're Not An Astronaut
One of the standout features of last year's Underwater Cinematographer was the incredible drumming and it's only gotten better as proven by the intro of this song, well actually, the whole song. While the drumming may be the highlight, the vocals are equally as engaging with just enough effect to make them sound otherworldly while remaining coherent. I don't want to spoil the outro, but it's probably the most fascinating 1:15 I've heard this year. It's pretty much the musical equivalent of a mental breakdown.

Unfortunately, Phages is currently only available at shows, but perhaps Arts & Crafts will eventually make it more widely available.

Site Tweaks:
I'm sure you've all noticed by now that I changed the site up a little bit. I'm aware that it's screwed up for Safari users, hopefully I'll have that fixed soon, once I figure out what's wrong. Is anyone else having difficulties or does the site look wierd? Please let me know. Thanks.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Boody said...

this may be intentional, but on the newest version of firefox, i get a gap of gray space between the posts and the sidebar. otherwise it looks real nice.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its looking great, a really attractive website that I like to visit!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home