Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Never Got A Room At Kit Club Hotel



I would like to thank the wonderful soul from the Sigur Ros forums who turned me onto The Kid. The Kid is a four piece from Sweden who make what one would possibly call "Gothic Dance." They mix dark instrumentation and breathy female vocals to make a sort of chamber-rock meets post-punk meets dance sound that is both haunting and irresistable. If I were to throw a few artists into a pot, I'd say they sound like a mix of Joy Division, The Cure and The Knife. This song is from their album La Société Nouvelle, which was released exactly a month ago on Hybris Records, I highly recommend that you go buy it right now.

[MP3]: The Kid :: Kit Club Hotel (Highly Rec'd)

Watch a streaming video for "Kit Club Hotel" HERE. Sadly, it's a RealPlayer stream, and I hate RealPlayer, so I haven't watched it. Someone let me know how it is.


Y'know, since I apparently have the maturity of a five year-old, I can't stop singing the lyrics to these songs by a lovely demented man by the name of Black Nasty. Thanks Dodge, thanks a lot for tainting my poor fragile person.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!