Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm Only Doing Good Things From Now On



Some of my favorite things have come from Australia. My boomerang, my kangaroos, Architecture in Helsinki, The Grates, and now Treetops! First of all I'd like to point out that the above picture is driving me insane, because as you can see, it's sorta low-res and I'm pretty anal about the pictures on here. Okay, anyway, I don't know too much about Treetops excpet that they make music that one might call "psychadelic-folk-pop." I think we can all agree that those are three words that go really really well together. I recently got to listen to all of last year's Gospel EP and it's left me wanting to hear more, here's the fantastic title track.

[MP3]: Treetops :: Gospel
I'm a sucker for a well-placed organ line, I think it almost any case, some nice organ will always have a postive effect on a song; as it does with the intro of "Gospel." Before the song really began I knew I was gonna love it, the sweet sweet organ line welcomed me with big open arms and took me on an explosive adventure of classic pop goodness. There's a breakdown at about 1:50 that builds and builds until it breaks into a joyous harmony of voices, handclaps, and awesome.

Treetops on MySpace

Buy the Gospel EP from Amazon.com

*********************************************
I'm not sure exactly what this is, or why I've seen it and it probably doesn't even really exist for a good reason. But for those of you interested: GO HERE to watch a video of Gwenno Saunders of The Pipettes running from a swarm of letters, jumping over a cliff, and pulling a building made of big words with a rope. Yeah, I'm as confused as you are. But hey, gotta love those Pips!

UPDATE: Turns out Gwenno used to have her own televison show on S4C for a quick spell last year and this was the intro to each show. The name of the show was 'Ydy Gwenno'n Gallu,' which translates to 'Is Gwenno Able To?' Looks like Wanda Sykes totally ripped off Gwenno.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!