Thursday, September 14, 2006

Lullatone: Wake Up Wake Up


Shawn and Yoshimi of Lullatone

I've been a big big fan of Lullatone for sometime now thanks to my good pal Sydney, but I guess it had always slipped my mind to mention them here. Well, as it turns out, I'm still in the game, because they're still virtually un-talked about around the blogs. So, as you may know, here at Skatterbrain we like to bring you the cute, and there's really nothing cuter than "pajama pop."

Lullatone is Shawn James Seymour and Yoshimi Tomida and they make cute music, they like to call it "pajama pop." Layering bell tones on top of even more bell tones along with keyboards and other various noise making devices Shawn and Yoshimi create pocket-sized dreamscapes that you'll find yourself getting lost in anytime of the day, although, I'd be hard pressed to find something more absolutely perfect for getting up in the morning than "Wake Up Wake Up."

[MP3]: Lullatone :: Wake Up Wake Up (Recommmmmmended!)
[MP3]: Lullatone :: Leaves Falling (Reccccccccommended!)
Sometimes when I listen to a song with my eyes closed I can get a totally different feeling from the song, and that's the case with Lullatone, except all of there songs are better with your eyes closed. In fact, I feel like you almost miss half of the enjoyment of it with your eyes open. As soon as the bells come in on "Wake Up Wake Up" I can see little balls of color popping inside right in front of my face, and as layer after layer pile up upon each other it becomes just a wash of colors, flashing and popping. It's something alright, it's something really great.

Their latest full length, Little Songs About Raindrops was released last year by Audio Dregs in the U.S. You can buy it at Amazon.com for like fifteen dollars.

Lullatone on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

7 Comments:

Blogger x said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:14 AM  
Blogger x said...

some more songs here [lullatone ]

if you dont feel like going there ...

bushman's samba

music box samba >

2:17 AM  
Blogger x said...

so i really like them,
another ...

yesterday

these are all accessable via thier site so they are legit

2:25 AM  
Blogger x said...

some .ogg 's

Untitled
Music For Apartments
Resound

2:30 AM  
Blogger eff said...

At least Wake Up Wake Up reminds me of Múm in their twinklier moments on "Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today is OK".

Very nice.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a child (infant) I would put them to sleep to Lullatone every night. Get them listening to indie right out of the womb.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES YES MATT LULLATONE YEAH!!! <333

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home