Monday, February 19, 2007

Blonde Redhead: "23"


23's fantastic cover art is really fantastic.

I've only been truly excited about a couple records this year so far and Blonde Redhead's 23 is most definitely one of them. I wasn't even aware of it until a couple weeks ago, but now that I've listened to a countless number of times, I'll be really surprised if it doesn't end up on a lot of top ten's by the end of the year. So far it's definitely better than 2004's Misery Is A Butterfly, and I'm not postitive yet, but I make be liking this even a bit more A Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemons (2000), which until now was my personal favorite. Almost every song on 23 is instantly memorable, but none so much as the opener and title track, "23."

[MP3]: Blonde Redhead :: 23 (SO GOOD!!! :D)
I don't give the illustrious "so good with a smiley" to just any song. Infact, I made it up just now, for this post, so yeah, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. "23" opens with some delayed keyboard before being joined by an awesome high-hat and snare combo that I've found to be fairly difficult to not airdrum along with. Eric thinks the drums sound like Radiohead's "Where I End And You Begin," which I'm gonn ahave to agree with. The song's finest moments come however in the choruses, as the main vocals are joined from behind by a seemingly endless string of some of the most effectively used LALALAs ever.

23 comes out April 10th on 4AD. Make sure you buy the hell out of it.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very addictive after the first listen. Nice pick.

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it, you got the full album artwork?

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you guys like the album artwork since i am the artist! you can see more of my work on my website, www.alexgross.com --thanks...

12:50 AM  
Blogger Elisa Dupin said...

"i'm glad you guys like the album artwork since i am the artist!"

lmao!!

btw i like it too, thats how i ended up here, looking for it!great cover!!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home