Monday, March 19, 2007

Amida: "Class of 2000"


Manchester's Amida

I meant to mention Amida a couple weeks ago, but I never got around to it, so here they are, my first post in like, a week. Influenced by a host of bands that I love, it's really hard for me to not be really excited about these guys. They've got that jangly guitar and bouncy bass, with vocals that bring to mind older acts like Orange Juice or The Bodines. The melodies are infectious and when has singing along to "ooh ooh ooh ooh" ever not been fun? Their debut EP Arts & Crafts was released last month on Plastilina Records. Listen to "Class of 2000."

[MP3]: Amida :: Class of 2000 (Highly Recommended)

Pick up Arts & Crafts from Plastilina Records
Amida on MySpace

Plastilina Records also co-released Annemarie's fantastic ABC on TV, which you should DEFINITELY look into if you havent yet. It's one of my favorite pop records of the year so far.

[MP3]: Annemarie :: Apple (Suicide on Your Stereoset) (Highly Recommended!!!)

Okay bye have a nice day!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home