Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sister Vanilla: "Pastel Blue"


Sister Vanilla

I feel kind of stupid just now hearing about Sister Vanilla while news about the album has been up on Chemikal Underground for quite a while now. But, anyway, I'm glad I've finally caught wind of it as it's helped me get over the disappointment of not being able to see The Jesus and Mary Chain at Coachella this year. If you're not quite familiar with Sister Vanilla yet, it's the project of Linda Reid, the sister of the Reid brothers from the aformentioned JAMC. Sister Vanilla's debut Little Pop Rock sounds for the most part like a female fronted Jesus and Mary Chain -- which makes sense considering her brothers appear on the album -- however, there are a few tracks, like this one, that stray from that path a bit. All in all though, it's a pretty great pop record with basically nothing to complain about.

[MP3]: Sister Vanilla :: Pastel Blue (Highly Recommended!)
I fell immediatey in love with this song the moment she mentioned The Pastels: "Didn't listen to a word was said, I got The Pastels playing in my head." It makes sense though, considering Linda's apparent love for the great band. The other reason I love this song is that it's nice and relaxing. It's just acoustic guitar and some piano tinkering in the background behind it before the song eventually drfts off into the darkness; or daylight, depending on how you want to look at it.

Little Pop Rock is out in March on Chemikal Underground
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home