Monday, March 17, 2008

NYC Popfest 2008!!!


The best four days you'll have this year!

NYC POPFEST 2008 is finally kicking into high gear! And I'm so excited! I've been waiting for what has felt like forever for some "official" Popfest updates and I've finally got some!!! A partial list of bands has finally been confirmed this past week, and here they are!

The Besties (NYC)
The Cannanes (Australia)
Cats on Fire (Finland)
Dent May & His Ukelele (MO)
Friday Bridge (Sweden)
From Bubblegum To Sky (NYC)
The Hermit Crabs (UK)
Love Is All (Sweden)
Mahogany (NYC)
My Teenage Stride (NYC)
Oh! Custer (Sweden)
One Happy Island (MA)
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (NYC)
Pants Yell! (MA)
Tullycraft (WA)

Now, I don't know about you, but good god that is one hell of a lineup so far! I have to say, at the moment, I'm probably the most excited for Cats On Fire and The FUCKING Cannanes!!! And of course, The Pobpahs will be awesome, as will Pants Yell!, and as will everyone else... and LOVE IS ALL... Love Is All, wow...

I know I didn't quite succeed last year, but this year I think I'm going to actually try to do a post on each band, leading up to the Popfest! And I'll actually be there this year! I can't wait to meet everyone I've yet to meet, and dance forever with them. I'll keep you updated on band updates and etc, although you can also do that yourself by being friends with the NYC Popfest on MySpace! There's also word of some Popfest warm-ups coming up in April, so keep your eyes peeled for updates, updates, updates!!!

xoxo

P.S. You should head over to Alex's wonderful, wonderful blog to find her also posing with her Popbpahs/Pgrams split 7" (Everyone should be doing this, by the way!!!). I don't know if I've linked to her before actually, until now, but her blog is really really great and awesome and is one of the few that I still read constantly these days... so you should be reading it too!!!

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

20 Comments:

Blogger Dennis said...

Ooooooh, that looks fantastic! There is a really big chance that I'm in NYC around that time, so... yay!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Dennis said...

Also, The Orchids!

7:11 AM  
Blogger alex said...

Yay for Popfest! Boo for being on the other side of the world :( Super extra yay for Pobpahs/Parallelos 7"!

7:36 AM  
Blogger shhhh said...

I love it when you call me big pobpah...

I can't believe comet gain is playing too. maybe that's not official, but perhaps if it gets mentioned enough, it will really happen.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hahaha!

i feel like we might be able to just will it to happen. just click our heels together and repeat "comet gain will play"

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats On Fire!!!!!!!!!!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having seen both The Cannanes and Tullycraft live - trust me the band to be most excited about is Tullycraft. How long has it been since they’ve played NYC?

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if comet gains happens and it is on 6/14 i will DIE. i am doing a show for tullycraft in philly that evening, which will be super rad! i cannot miss comet gain if it happens though!!!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Is All, Cats on Fire, The Cannanes, Pants Yell, and Tullycraft! Wow! What a stellar line-up!!!!!!!!!!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Bunnygrunt?

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, I will see you there maybe? :truluv:

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! What about BUNNYGRUNT? Aren’t they the kings all things indiepop?

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bunnygrunt have played A LOT of Popfests!

San Francisco Popfest: 2005

New England Popfest: 2006, 2007

NYC Popfest: 2007

Athens Popfest: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007


Maybe it’s ok that they take a break.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are these Comet Gain rumors coming from?

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
I liked your mix very much except for that Horowitz song. I Need A Blanket? That’s about right! I Need A Blanket to cover my head from such a trite band. Pop Kids of the World Unite? These kids are trying waaay too hard… and not succeeding. Ick!!!

1:23 PM  
Blogger shhhh said...

um.... maybe i actually started the comet gain rumors. i swear i heard it from somebody else first though...

sorry if it turns out not to be...

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, have mercy. I leave town for a few days and come back to - FINALLY! - an official announcement of some of the Popfest bands. NYC Popfest takes the cake in attracting the most amazing and fabulous indie pop bands from around the world. Cats on Fire and the Orchids!!!! Oh my god, I've just died and gone to heaven.

The only indie pop girl in Chicago will be there. WILL YOU? xoxo

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack. I don't like the way my last reply sounded. I welcome the citizens of Chicago (and the world!) to come flail along with me to the most fabulous indie pop around today! Hurrah.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sooo excited for this!!!!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

string bean jen i rode in a cab with you in Chicago once. i'm so excited you'll be in NYC for Popfest. And I'm really sorry about Comet Gain, everyone tried.
court

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home