Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Updates!

Hey! I mentioned I would be getting busiert lately, with less time to devote to the blog and that's exactly what's been happening. It's been about a week, so I've got a bit of housekeeping to do. First up, there's a few new Cloudberry releases to get excited about – well, at least that I'm excited about... though you should be, too. I'm speaking of Cloudberry 79 and 80, of course, both available March 1st. 79 is a single from The Vermont Sugar House, featuring ex-Desert Wolves David and Martin. One of the b-sides on the single, "Braveheart," comes from a 7" the band released on Firestation in 1999 and is an impecable slice of pop. In short, that song alone is worth buying th whole single. 80 comes from The Flowerbeds, who are totally new to me. The preview track on the Cloudberry site, "You Mean To Me," is completely fantastic – I never would have guessed these guys were from Chicago though, that caught me off guard. Not that there's anything wrong with Chicago... I just have never associated the city with pop music. Secondly, The Pains of Being Pure At Heart and Parallelograms split is finally available to order from Atomic Beat Records! Even if you don't like splits – and how could you? – this is still going to be a awesome awesome awesome piece of vinyl. So go order yours!! oh and plus there's a lovingly cheesy blurb in the insert by yours truly! So thats neat! Thirdly – and lastly for now because I've gotta get back to screenprinting – I got Slumberland's Searching For The Now One and Two in the mail on Monday and I've been playing the crap out of them. I do prefer number two a bit more than one, but that's probably just because I love everything Archie Moore does... and Bye! is no exception. Also, I was never a big fan of The Happy Couple, but their side of the split has been getting just as many spins as Bye!'s... so it would seem I'm now in love! If you have yet to, you should definitely go order One and Two before they're gone!!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Chicago is not insulted. It is true. There is little to no pop goodness in this BIG BUTCH city of rock and abstractness. Thanks for pointing out the Flower Beds. I will check them out!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I must point out that we produced the WONDROUS Vitesse, one of my very favorite bands of all time. (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63025421) Never forget!

5:01 PM  
Blogger alex said...

my pains/parallelograms split should be in the mail by now - really looking forward to receiving it! can't wait to read your blurb :)

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chicago has had a couple pop groups pop up here and there... the cryan' shames, the buckinghams, shoes, cheap trick, and material issue to name a few...

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=44230832&blogID=362244899

:(

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay flowerbeds! chicago's pop bands are all hidden behind big shoulders and distortion.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home