Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The tremendously overlooked Cyclon86!

Until yesterday when I stumbled upon their deserted MySpace page by chance, I had never heard of Japan's Cyclon86. An amazing band by any pop-loving boy/girl's standards, Cyclon86 work jangling guitars, buzzing organs and synths, and super sweet vocals together is a way that just makes me want to scream "perfect!". It sounds somewhere between Rocketship and Stereolab to me, but head over to the MySpace page and listen for yourself. Being that their website is almost 100% in Japanese, I'm having a tough time learning too much about them or where I can find their music. If you've got any more information, please let me know!!!

Cyclon86 on MySpace!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dan-onymous said...

tasty stuff...great find!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

rad! glad someone liked them!!!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! I messaged cyclon86 on myspace and they sent me an 8th-track cdr. They released a split ep with harmony hatch. Unfortunately, cyclon86 is no longer active. Shokk has his new band with murmur (bertoia).

4:41 PM  
Blogger Blake said...

Awesome find!
I found a compilation they were on...Guitar Pop Crazy! from Blue Badge Records...with a title like that, you know it's good!
http://www.bluebadgelabel.com/label/release/bbcd009/index.html
Now I just need some money.

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scapegoat and letters on 2 of bluebadge compilation release.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home