Saturday, August 23, 2008

RIP Faintest Ideas

The Faintest Ideas effectively split up following their show in Columbus, OH this past week where not a single soul showed up to see them. I'm sure one lousy show wasn't the reason, but it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back and it's a damn shame too, because they were great guys and they made some really great songs. I'll never forget seeing them play faster than I've ever seen any band play in my life in Philadelphia back in March of last year. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I got to see them before they split, and I'm gonna miss them. Cross your fingers and maybe they'll just turn back into the Javelins! Until then, here's my personal favorite song of there's – it's alwasy made me really happy inside.

[MP3]: The Faintest Ideas :: Another Sunny Day


Go to their MySpace and wish them well!

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i have to ask you something - where i can find the lyrics of the airfields and ponies in the surf? i can't seem to find it anywhere and it's driving me mad. :(

hope you can help me.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

as far as i know, theyre not posted anywhere... you could always try emailing the bands themselves. i'm sure they wouldn't mind sending you some lyrics!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home