Monday, November 24, 2008

Je Suis Animal: "Painted In My Face"


Je Suis Animal are classy.

Let me just say I have done a terrible job of keeping up with Cloudberry as of late. – Odd, too, because ever since reaching 100 3" CDRs their output has slowed dramatically, you know, to that of a normally functioning record label. Every 7" Roque's released so far has been an absolute cracker and the new(ish) Je Suis Animal single is no exception! I've known about it for a little while now, but it wasn't until this morning that I actually gave it a good listen. I have yet to hear the b-side, as I haven't yet ordered the single (I will be doing so tonight!), but the a-side – which is up for download on the Cloudberry site – is fantastic! So fantastic infact, that I think I actually may be more in love with it than even my favorite of tracks from their LP. The song, "Painted In My Face," reminds me a bit of Stereolab! Just listen those hazy, beautiful vocal harmonies and that charging rhythm section – all it needs is some electric organ buzzing along in the mix and it would be... I don't know, it would be really nice. A few more listens and I could definitely see this being one of my favorite singles of the year! Get this record!

[MP3]: Je Suis Animal :: Painted In My Face (Very, Very Recommended!)

Je Suis Animal on MySpace!
Buy the 7" from Cloudberry!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger kidfrostbite said...

what a great tune! classic.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds great
if you need help, follow mebuy wow gold
cheap wow gold
wow gold

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home