Thursday, November 13, 2008

You Can't Have It All: A November Mix


Stuff I'm liking a lot at the moment – the moment being November, of course.

November! A time of cold days, sweaters, scarves, really good pine-scented candles, rain, and last, but not least, a very much welcomed break from my typical perpetual business. Though I may not write much about music when I'm busy, that definitely doesn't mean I'm not listening to it, so in the spirit of such logic, I present a new mix! You Can't Have It All collects a little new and a little old – a smattering of my listening habits over the past several weeks. I think it's safe to say that the weather's had a pretty big effect on most of these choices, but – since it seems that everything I do is in some way influenced by the temperature outside my door – no big surprise there. Though I think it's all quite ace, as far as highlights go, I'm still pretty obsessed with the Autocollants track (so much so that the mix is named in it's honor). The horns just couldn't be more perfect and although my voice doesn't quite have the range of a brass instrument, I still find myself humming the melody everytime. The songs from Gaze and Mazzy Star could make you cry and if anything you're like me, you'll be in awe of Alison's Halo. All in all, I'd consider it a fantastic use of 45 minutes of your day or night.

DOWNLOAD IT!
You Can't Have It All: A November Mix (.zip file, 14 mp3s, 95mb)

Tracklist:
01 The Autocollants :: We Can't Have It All
02 Lois :: Davey
03 The Suncharms :: Tranquil Day
04 Gaze :: A New Home
05 The Seashell Sea :: You Mary You (Louis Philippe cover)
06 Slumber Party :: Sooner Or Later
07 The Lil Hospital :: Nothing Like A Car Crash
08 The Halo Benders :: Your Asterisk
09 Veronica Lake :: Saints Above
10 Alison's Halo :: Sunshy
11 KG :: Love Me Forever
12 The Softies :: Alaska
13 The Ropers :: Please Understand
14 Mazzy Star :: Happy

I hope you love it! :)
Happy Thursday!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

10 Comments:

Blogger Marianthi said...

That's ace Matt! I bloody love that Slumber Party song. x

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Slumber Party have always bored me to tears but that song wasn't too bad! The Lois song was very sweet. When I got to 'You Mary You' I thought, this can't be ANOTHER Pam Berry band! But I checked last.fm and it confirmed that it was. That song was beautiful and unique. She really did some unusual things with her voice on that song. Calvin Johnson almost sounded melodic on the Halo Benders song. Go! Also loved the feedback-laced loveliness of the KG song. Would like to know more about them!

*jennifer*

1:04 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

hey matt! remember me? well, even if you don't, i just remembered you were good at finding new music so i thought i would start reading your blog again. now that you live in towson maybe we'll have the opportunity to meet up one day.

ciao,
bea

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Alison's Halo.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Knut said...

Great work, and a wonderful compilation! Thanks so much!

Knut / Eardrums

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes—love the Louis Phillipe cover!

By my count you did 10 mixes in 2007(!) and we've only gotten 6 in 2008. How about a massive, mega mix for Christmas?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I finally got around to listening to this and when Love Me Forever came on I yelled an expletive because I had been listening to that song so much in December and was surprised to hear it here. I love the Candy EP that track is from.

To Colour: I'm trying to find more about KG as well. Here is the only site I've found with info on the band. http://nerdmagazine.org/indiepop/shoe.html

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,充氣娃娃,AV女優.按摩棒,跳蛋,潤滑液,角色扮演,情趣內衣
免費視訊聊天,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,美女視訊,視訊交友,視訊交友90739,成人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,情人視訊網,視訊美女
一葉情貼圖片區,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,影音視訊聊天室,

辣妹視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友aooyy
哈啦聊天室,辣妺視訊,A片,色情A片,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊美女34c,視訊情人高雄網,視訊交友高雄網,0204貼圖區,sex520免費影片,情色貼圖,視訊ukiss,視訊ggoo,視訊美女ggoo
080苗栗人聊天室,080中部人聊天室ut,ut影音視訊聊天室13077,視訊做愛,kk777視訊俱樂部
A片下載,成人影片下載,免費A片下載,日本A片,情色A片,免費A片,成人影城,成人電影
影音視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊

11:08 AM  
Blogger L said...

Love love love your compilations. Did not get a chance to listen to this one before it disappeared. Any chance of reposting?
Thanks so much for your long labors and dedication to finding great tunes.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home