Thursday, October 09, 2008

New Header, New Celestial!!!

First of all, I got bored – as I very often do – of the header I had up for a little bit there, so I went and made a new one. I think this might be my favorite and I plan on leaving it up for a while, so I hope you like it! Anyway, onward...


“You only dream about yesterdays. There and back again, there and back again…”

Surprisingly close – though definitely not unpleasantly so – on the heels of last year's brilliant LP Dream On, Sweden's Celestial have got a brand new collection of beautifully catchy, shimmering pop songs for us! The new record, Crystal Heights, is out now as a split release between Music Is My Girlfriend and Lavender and shows the band favoring a brighter, cleaner soundscape in contrast to the darkness, and occasional noisiness we sometimes found on Dream On. Crystal Heights also features the vocals of Malin Dahlberg (Douglas Heart, Laurel Music, We Are Soldiers We Have Guns) and Ulrika Nymark (Northern Fields) creating beautiful breathy layered melodies that one could swear came straight from the heavens. So, listen to the title track, "Crystal Heights" and then ake sure you head over to Music Is My Girlfriend or Lavender and buy this one immediately cause it's probably going to be one of the best records you hear all year.

[Mp3]: Celestial :: Crystal Heights (Soo Highly Recommended!!!)

Celestial on MySpace!!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I have to say I am finding this one heavy going and hard to listen too. I am not sure why. It could be the vocals or it could be that Dream On was so, so good that this one pales in comparison!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the new header <3

7:14 AM  
Blogger Brushwood said...

I dig both.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Tom. This is too twee. What's happened? I loved Celestial's 80's-tinged electronic melancholia with hints of the Radio Dept. at The Wake (Factory era). Oh no. :-(

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap warhammer power leveling
cheap warhammer gold
cheap warhammer online gold
cheap warhamemr powerleveling
cheap war powerleveling
cheap war power leveling
cheap war gold
cheap war money
warhammer gold
war money

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home