Thursday, May 14, 2009

All My Summer Songs: No. 2


That Summer Feeling!

No. 2
[MP3]: Jonathan Richman :: That Summer Feeling (Live at the Schauberg, Bremen 1985)
Submitted by Scott Summer Cats

"It's from a live gig from German radio from I think 1985. I bought it on cassette at a Sunday market that had a bootleg table: I do love a good cassette bootleg table... and this version really makes you believe, though I guess it's kinda a sad/reflective summer ode. I was never a huge fan of the studio versions… Ah, but this take, geez, listen to the swingin' band... Ok, maybe this doesn't swing per se... I really love the fact you can hear Jonathan moving off and on the mike during the performance."

I could only have to agree. This version even trumps the Jonathan Sings version, which I love very dearly. There's even a few extra verses, which alone make it worth it for me! This song IS Summer! I dare someone to best it. Remember, if you've got a song and something to say about it, please do send it in! 83in05 [at] gmail [dot] com.

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home