Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Au Revoir, 2010: The Songs!


Because it's December

While my EP and 7" lists are on the backburner—as they are proving to be rather difficult to finalize—I decided I would attempt to get everything together for my super-bonkers-crazy 60-song, double-volume 'favorite songs of the year' mix. Now, the amount of time I've spent whittling this down from well over 100 songs is close to embarrassing, so for my sake, let's all just assume that I threw the whole thing together this evening in one quick and painless jiff. I do wish I had the time to sit and explain how much I love each and every one of these songs and how much they all meant to me this year, but no such luck. Should you have something to ask or tell about anything you hear here, please do leave a comment and we can talk about songs there! Together!

As I've already mentioned, this was a beyond great year for musics. The simple fact that I started with over 100 hundred songs should speak volumes to that. Speaking of volumes, here are Volumes One and Two of Au Revoir: Skatterbrain's Favorite Songs of 2010. The point of this is to share, so I hope you can find something new to love in these mixes! Again, your comments are very welcome.

Volume One:
DOWNLOAD
01. Las Robertas // In Between Buses
02. For Ex-Lovers Only // Coffin
03. Grass Widow // Fried Egg
04. Tiger Tape // Let's Work Things Out
05. La Sera // Never Come Around
06. Beach Fossils // Face It
07. Chalk And Numbers // I Really Wanna Work This Out
08. Leaving Mornington Crescent // Corners
09. The Hairs // Duh! x 12
10. Weed Hounds // Hard Drivin'
11. Veronica Falls // Starry Eyes
12. The Liminanas // I'm Dead
13. Dum Dum Girls // Blank Girl
14. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart // Lost Saint
15. Sky Larkin // Still Windmills
16. The Specific Heats // End Of An Error
17. Big Troubles // Freudian Slips
18. Seapony // Go Away
19. Sourpatch // Sky Is Falling
20. Dude Japan // If I Were A Posie
21. Crocodiles // Hearts Of Love
22. Panda Riot // When You Said, When I Said
23. Ceremony // Marianne
24. World Atlas // Girl On A Boy's Bike
25. Neverever // Coconut Shampoo
26. Sweater Girls // Fingers Crossed
27. Cuffs // You Can Come True (Demo)
28. Belle And Sebastian // I Didn't See It Coming
29. Le Futur Pompiste // My Trophy
30. Weekend // End Times


Volume Two:
DOWNLOAD
01. Club 8 // Shape Up!
02. Wild Nothing // Chinatown
03. Sweet Bulbs // Kissing Clouds
04. Lê Almeida // Transporpirações
05. The Radio Dept. // Heaven's On Fire
06. Spectrals // Chip A Tooth (Spoil A Smile)
07. Reading Rainbow // Wasting Time
08. Cinema Red And Blue // Melanie Down
09. Mighty Clouds // Spell It Out
10. Shimmering Stars // Sun's Going Down
11. Whirl // Leave
12. Catwalk // (Please) Don't Break Me
13. Frankie Rose And The Outs // Girlfriend Island
14. Still Corners // Don't Fall In Love
15. Best Coast // When The Sun Don't Shine
16. Swimsuit // Evaporation
17. Serena-Maneesh // I Just Want To See Your Face
18. Post Post // Drafts
19. Ringo Deathstarr // Imagine Hearts
20. The Blanche Hudson Weekend // Let Me Go
21. The Soft City // Take Me To The Cinema
22. Shrag // Rabbit Kids
23. Pet Milk // Cherry Outline
24. Gigi // The Marquee (with Katie Eastburn)
25. Brilliant Colors // Walk Into The World
26. Crystal Stilts // Shake The Shackles
27. The Procedure Club // Dead Bird
28. Gold-Bears // Tally
29. Sambassadeur // Small Parade
30. Versus // Cicada

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

35 Comments:

Blogger DAViN said...

Honestly within the past few months your web sight has became my #1 source for finding and being introduced to my most favorite music. thank you thank you.

-davin

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much, this is awesome!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Scott said...

Great lists, seriously.

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Hazel said...

AAAAH!
Just when I need new music, this falls into my lap.
Definitely subscribing to your blog now, this mix is simply perfect!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

thank you, you guys! nice to see some new readers!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading down your list I said "Yes!" in appreciative acknowledge of similar favorites. You really compiled a ace collection of tunes.

Adam http://aquaseafoam.tumblr.com/

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing list!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Jp said...

So great. I always come to skatterbrain for the best mixes!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Really Important Reviews said...

These lists are spectacular!
Love the blog and your appreciation for great music. You're one of our favorite sites. We've got some similar taste over at http://www.reallyimportantreviews.blogspot.com/ Come check us out if you have some free time.
Cheers
Owen of Really Important Reviews

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, I absolutely love when the authors of music blogs make a zip folder of their favourite songs. It's such a good luck into someone else's world.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Dr Wu said...

Consistently brilliant, year after year. Thanks again

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic, Matt!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great collection of blissful pop! So many cool indie pop songs/artists that don't turn up on other bloggers' year end lists. Great artwork too -- actually all your mix covers are objects of beauty :)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Douglas said...

one of the best i've found this year. thank you, thank you, thank you.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just want to add my thanks for your collections. Keeps my buying indiepop, because I would likely otherwise know about the bands.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Kid Rock Tickets said...

Its great to see that people are sharing quite profitable information with each other and now we can move our selves to a new era.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey this mix looks amazing, but the link to mediafire is no longer available. can you put up a new link. thanks a bunch.

sara

5:39 PM  
Blogger MIke Brandon said...

I second that. I have all of your mixes, save for this one.... seems the link is gone for both volumes.

cheers from NYC.

ace blog.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please reupload!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Moscow Apartment said...

Nice work on the blog post! Really appreciate that big time! Keep up
the good work on the blog!I really really wish this would work.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Adams said...

Bumpin the request to re-up Au revoir, those files is gone daddy gone...love your mixes. Love them.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous retractable screen doors said...

I'm totally with you - I love your music tunes too!! You have quite the collection!

5:57 AM  
Blogger KraizeeKatt said...

I think I might have found a new favorite music blog! I know we are halfway thru 2011 now, but a lot of your songs on your Fave 2010 compilation are ones I too loved last year. Awesome.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, can you re/upload this compilation!!!!
please---from buenos aires!!!
Great blog!!!
andrew

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Increase penis size pills said...

There are songs like the ones you mentioned which never die :)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous premature ejaculation cure said...

These songs are great and i love the prospects of listening to them.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous pheromone reviews said...

Well… round about every blog posts online don’t have much originality as I found on yours.. Just keep updating much useful information so that reader like me would come back over and over again.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Sizegenetics cock extension device said...

The collection of songs are really old, and as the saying goes "Old Is Gold"....

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Premature ejaculation Cure said...

The given list is a whole aarchive of collection of songs...thanks alot for sharing with all of us....

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Prosolution Gel sexual enhancement gel review said...

Really awesome tracks....I always come to skatterbrain for the best mixes...:)

2:40 PM  
Anonymous pharmacy said...

Great post!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, can you reupload?

3:11 AM  
Anonymous iPhone App Developers said...

I look for such article along time,today i find it finally.this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me .i will pay more attention to you ,i hope you can go on posting more such post

5:39 AM  
Anonymous iPhone Application Developer said...

Now, I am definitely going to save this to my own files, just in case;) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Frank Smith said...

Please, please, can you re-upload?

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home