Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Electric President

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last night I bought the re-release of Mum's incredible album Yesterday was Dramatic -- Today is OK. Well, it was released on Morr Music out of Berlin. Morr Music was a label I had heard barely anything about so without wasting a second, I went to their website. Though I wasn't all too impressed with the most of the artists, I did find one that I really like by the name of Electric President.

Electric President is Ben Cooper and Alex Cane and they make some of the best dream pop I have heard as of late. Seamlessly weaving acoustic and electronic sounds together, they create beautiful soundscapes that manage to be dreamy and dancable all at the same time. Their debut full length is set for release on Morr Music in January. Until then, I highly recommend that you grab up these songs and listen to them ASAP.

From the forthcoming self-titled album:
Good Morning, Hypocrite
Ten Thousand Lines
Ten Thousand Lines (Alternative Mix)



P.S. Here's your daily dose of Mogwai banter.

Morning.
Greetings minions. The ball is now well and truly rolling. Our album has been mastered (twice), eskimo suits have been hired and many other such arrangements made to make way for the earth shattering event that is our new album. We have already been aproached for one of the songs to be used as the national anthem of the new Iraqi state. We aren't sure if we will give them permission however as we've heard that Saddam supports Hibs and we don't want our Hibbee pals giving us grief for aiding his usurpers.


Ha. I love those guys.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cheated and posted electric president as one of my favorite 2005 albums cause I already have it complete. It's pretty good, I asume you'll get it when it goes out.
If you'd like to see my complete list go to my blog. Your comments are apreciated

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home