Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Boo Hoo Hoo Boo

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


They Shoot Horses Don't They? is a peculiar group. In fact, last time I posted about them, most of you found them to be a bit too peculiar. But I'm here to tell you, they're so much more than what some of you may think. Boo Hoo Hoo Boo, their new album due out in February on Kill Rock Stars, is full out outrageous group vocals, crazy circus-pop melodies, and more swirling horn creshendos than you could shake a stick at. Take a listen to these new songs and let me know what you think.

[MP3]: Concussion
At first this song seems like it might be boring. It starts out with a circus-like keyboard drone with slow simple lyrics over it, but then at about 2:30 the bands three piece horn section comes in and takes over the song and begins the rousing march that rides out the rest of the song. Wonderful.

[MP3]: Lowlife
Just try to get the showtunes horn line from this song out of your head, go ahead and try. In short, I love this song.

www.killrockstars.com

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Catchy. Very good.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Keegan said...

Goodness, I can't believe the link is down! I just found your post searching for songs by TSHDT, and the links are down. ;P I can't wait for their new release.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home