Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Pipettes Cover "I Think We're Alone Now"



The Pipettes can do no wrong in my book and this further proves it, because the original "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tommy James & The Shondells is oddly enough, one of my favorite songs ever. So for them to do justice to a song that I've cherished since I was ten years old just makes me love them even more than I already do, if that's even possible. Now in all fairness though, this song was kinda made for them to sing, don't ya think?

[MP3]: The Pipettes :: I Think We're Alone Now (Tommy James cover)
This vocals and lyrics of this song seem almost like they were written to be sung by The Pipettes. Their cutesy polka-dotted personalities suit really suit the song well and they bring a new life to the song that wasn't quite their in the original. This new life of course is the triple female vocal harmonies that I'll bet Tommy James had never thought would grace his wonderful song. Highly Recommended!

Bonus! Bonus! I don't think there's anyone who hasn't heard this song, but have you ever really appreciated it for the amazing pop song it is? Appreaciate! Now!

[MP3]: Tommy James :: I Think We're Alone Now

And just a reminder, the "Pull Shapes" single comes out July 3rd on Memphis Industries on Orange Vinyl, Yellow Vinyl, and CD:

MI071S1 (Orange Vinyl)
A) Pull Shapes
B) Guess Who Ran Off With The Milkman?

MI071S2 (Yellow Vinyl)
A) Pull Shapes
B) Magician Man

MI071CDS
1) Pull Shapes
2) Really That Bad

The Pips on MySpace!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post, thanks! I found "Pull Shapes" to be a bit disappointing actually. I once heard someone refer to this song as "that Tiffany song"!

I am starting to think that the Pipettes were more endearing last year... I think they are going to seem way uncool by the end of this year-- they seem well on their way to being over-commercialized.

But I can't wait to get the CD anyway!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

yeah, im kind of afraid of that actually, theyre just so marketable that its practically inevitable though. i guess we'll just wait and see what happens...

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely. . .

12:03 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

glad i could educate you, the original is the best byfar

5:22 PM  
Blogger evan said...

what happened to the song/??? i get a file does not exist error!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

crap, sorry, its ezarchive, they must be down again. sorry about the inconveinence, they should be back up again soon.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Hey!

All y'alls hatin' on my girl Tiff just ain't appreciated over in my neck of the woods!

If you don't appreciate her music, her mall tour and her oversized sequened sweatershirts, then I'm afraid you just don't appreciate true art!

The Pipettes track freaking rules though. Muchas gracias for the great post....

11:51 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hahaha i have a tiffany cassette believe it or not!

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like the Bangles, no thanks

10:34 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

party pooper :(

11:02 AM  
Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Ha ha! Yeah... I've got one too.

As for the Bangles smack talking, hey yo what's with this? Not only that, double hate because it was against the Pips!

People, can we not sit back and appreciate pop masterpieces when the fall right in our laps???

My, I thought the track was brilliant... as I do "Pull Shapes" which makes my posterior move and shake like nothing before....

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are these girls the new sugababes or what?? thanks for the awesome reading.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no trouble believing that you have a Tiffany cassette. A lot of you bloggers are complete poseurs that just found out they were music experts like two years ago.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

and i bet you like balls huh?

6:06 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

anf ro the record, i am by no means a music expert, nor do i think i am. good call though.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how original of the "Pipettes" to cover such a song with their unique vocals (how original!) and their look, I mean, wow. I'm blown away.

They're so retro-chic. Did I mention how original that is?

What a joke. A really bad flavor of the month. I liked the "Pipettes" when they called themselves The Donnas.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

have you heard the album?

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home