Monday, June 12, 2006

Contest Winner And "Love will tear us apart" gets torn apart

First of all, the winner of The Futureheads contest has been chosen! Thank you all for entering, but the lucky winner of a pair of tickets to see The Futureheads at Webster Hall in New York City on June 30th is Elisa Lee! Congratulations Elisa! I will be contacting you via email today and you should recieve an official email regarding ticket details in the coming days. Hope you enjoy the show!

A bit of a disclaimer before you watch this: This is indeed the band Fall Out Boy butchering the life out of one of my favorite songs of all time. If you can't bear to watch it all, at least go to roughly 3:25 or so and watch him begin to almost yodel. The might just be the worst cover I have ever heard in my life.



And if you're like me, and I think you just might be, and you like your classic songs to be ruined in pairs, well then we've alos got this lovely cover for you.

[MP3]: James Blunt :: Where Is My Mind?
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy jesus! you are right! That is offically the worst cover EVER. I fart a better joy division cover than that..

4:24 PM  
Blogger The Game said...

can you believe they officiall released that on a b-sdie album too...

he doesnt have the voice for that at all...

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...you weren't kidding when you said worst cover ever - that was just sad.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i couldnt make it to 3:25. Not even close. painfully awful

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to go and listen to both originals to make sure I hadn't died and gone to hell.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hahahahaha

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so i saw that video the first day you posted it and whenever i think about that song now i think of his awful moose-like voice just yelling as loud as possible uuuaaagh. such a great song demolished, and i can't get the terror out of my head

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you ruined my day with the ghay (double the queeritude) cover...thanks doe doe bird.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch. gotdemmit.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kill me please. If you come to my house I will provide the gun. By the way, not surprised that its clear channel (says so in the very last few seconds)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

clear channel will one day tuin every single thing on this world that is good.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home