Friday, December 30, 2005

Very Early Radiohead Demos Surface!

Before Radiohead was Radiohead, they we're On A Friday and very recently two very early demos have surfaced on the At Ease Message Boards. I havent yet had the opportunity to hear the second demo but I was able to get ahold of the three tracks from the first surfaced demo. I went into these songs expecting something very rough and unfinished and while they may not sound so much like Radiohead of today, they are certainly good songs. Get these quick, as I'm not sure how long I'll keep them up.

[MP3]: On A Friday :: Happy Song
[MP3]: On A Friday :: Sinking Ship
[MP3]: On A Friday :: To Be A Brilliant Light

I must say, I quite enjoy all three of them and oddly enough, "Happy Song" is actually very happy, indeed. If i can get my hands on the other demo I'll get it as soon as I can.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not able to download them

7:06 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

stupid ezarchive...they need to fix their issue so i can hear these.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

seems to be working now chris...

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until you hear Tell Me Bitch and New Generation from the 1990 demos... I haven't stopped laughing for two days.

Word is that these demos-- the first three songs from 1988, and the 1990 demos (fifteen songs) were uploaded by Nigel Powell, who originally recorded them, and who was in a band with Thom Yorke's brother.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

hahaha yeah i heard them the other day, they were... great?

haha
thanks for the info, i didnt know that

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home