Monday, January 23, 2006

New Placebo Album Due Out in March

According to their official website, Placebo's fifth studio album is due for release March 13. It's called MEDS and I don't like the cover art. In fact, it freaks me out a little bit so I'm not posting a picture of it, but here's a link. There's a link for a press release on their website, but of course it's not working. So all you're getting is a tracklist. (Oh, and two new tracks because I love you.)

Tracklist:
1. Meds
2. Infra-red
3. Drag
4. Space Monkey
5. Follow The Cops Back Home
6. Post Blue
7. Because I Want You
8. Blind
9. Pierrot The Clown
10. Broken Promise
11. One Of A Kind
12. In The Cold Light Of Morning
13. Song To Say Goodbye

[MP3]: Because I Want You
This is apparently going to be the first U.S. single off of MEDS which is kind of disheartening because I think it's one of the weaker songs on the album. It's got a decently catchy hook and picks up pretty well around 3:20, but compared to other tracks, such as the "Meds," it's just not that exciting.

[MP3]: Meds
The lead off song of the album is always very important because if it doesnt grab you somehow, their might not be as much reason to continue. "Meds" starts off with a sole acoustic riff that reminds me a bit of "Every You Every Me." After the vocals come in for a few measures, the rest of the bands comes in, along with VV from The Kills(the girl) who just makes the song that more eerie and awesome.

Matt's got a couple new Two Gallants tracks. (I'm definitely getting that album now)

Looks like Michael over Dreams of Horses waited about as long as I did to listen to the new Broadcast album. If you haven't heard it yet, go listen to the track he posted.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My very first impession at seeing the Meds cover was that it reminded me of the Jane's Addiction cover art for Ritual de Habitual. that's all...just a casual comment.


Brian

-o0o-

10:14 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

youre right on that. it just, i dont know, it freaks me out. haha

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm freakin' out over the picture of that weird guy on the top of this page. Yikes!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger mu-zick said...

"Infra-Red" is an awesome song. The whole album in general is a very good one actually. I definitely will try to see them live this year.

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does any one konws who is the responsable for the cover? Send the answer to leggo@mail.pt

Thanks!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home