Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'd Walk 1,000 Miles For You

Image hosting by Photobucket

You Ain't No Picasso's Kentucky favs Parlour Boys recently got in contact with me and I'm very glad they did, this stuff is great. They're a blend of dance punk and straight up indie rock, and I'm very in love with the singer's voice. These songs are very accesible and could probably land them a big deal if they ended up in the right hands.

"Lovers" is a dance punk song with a heart, instead of the typical fair of ridiculous lyrics paired with a dance punk melody. The chorus sticks and the outro is amazing, I can't get it out of my head. "Sick Friends" is equally awesome, although it might not be as immediately affecting. The Joy Division-esque bassline intro gives you an early impression of the urgency in which the song moves along. And man these guys have got choruses down, I guarantee "tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight" will be stuck in your head for a while after this one.

[MP3]: From the s/t EP
Lovers
Sick Friends

Elsewhere:
Matt's got some tasty Shelly Short tracks.

Dreams of Horses finally got me to listen to Jana Hunter, and boy am I glad I did!

Some Velvet Blog has got tracks from Disney's upcoming Kids Bop-inspired release, Devo 2.0. Why Disney? Why do you do these things to us?

Music For Robots posted on a band I covered before, Venice Is Sinking. They're quite good, I recommend checking them out.

Stereogum has a "new" unreleased Sufjan track as well as a new Built To Spill track.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home