Friday, April 28, 2006

New! Sound Team - "No More Birthdays"



I must owe Chris from GvB my eternal gratitude for getting me into these guys back when I was just a wee blog reader. I've never posted on Sound Team before for a couple reasons: one being that by the time I had a site, they had already blogged about to death, and also I've always kind of seen them as "Chris' band." But, they've got a new album coming out and I thought it no beter time then to do a post then now. Here's an amazing track from their new album Movie Monster, due out in June on Capitol Records.

[MP3]: Sound Team :: No More Birthdays Link Removed
This song grabs you in the first two seconds with it's pulsing Wolf Parade-y synths and keyboards, and once the first chorus hits you with "we're speeding up, so we can slow back down" Sound Team has basically got you by the balls. This song, as well as the album itself are definitely gonna be huge favorites this year.

Sound Team on MySpace.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they're probably going to tell you to take this down, but this is my favorite song on the record and one of my favorites of the year

3:25 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

yeah im kinda expecting them to say something

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woooo!

draper st caught me believing
spilt their eyes on the ceiling
forced to live likes its a curfew
translation means i love you

it's still one of my favorites though, hopefully some people got it before

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home