Thursday, June 22, 2006

Peter Bjorn And John: "Young Folks"



Until today I had never heard of Stockholm, Sweden's Peter Bjorn and John (PBJ HAH!) which seems to me to be quite the shame because if this song is any indication, then they are way too good for me to have just now heard about. Their new album Writer's Block was released on May 24th in Scandinavia and has already been praised by a number of publications, all Swedish, however. This has a good chance of quite possiblity becoming one of my favorite songs of the year, everything is just right on, not a bad spot in all four minutes and thirty seconds of it.

[MP3]: Peter Bjorn And John :: Young Folks (Highest Recommendation!!!)
This song starts off with surging, funky drums, addictive maraca shaking, crazy bongos and a pleasantly lo-fi bass-line; all this wrapped up in a whistling melody that you'll be humming or, um, whistling for the rest of the Summer. This song features Victoria Bergsman of The Concretes in a guest vocal duet with Peter singing about that first period in brand new relationship when you are nervous and dazed, and unsure about every move you make: "If I told you things I did before,told you how I used to be, would you go along with someone like me?" How cute!

You can buy Writer's Block and the "Young Folks" single from a number of Swedish online stores or you can just buy it from iTunes and get some sweet tracks locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

Peter Bjorn And John on MySpace (Their default picture is three English Springer Spaniels, and incase you all were wondering, I happen to have two of those myself, cool huh?)
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

34 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally told you about this. :cool:

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me a good reason to whistle a lot more...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Dead Kenny said...

They're touring the UK In August so this is good timing for me, thanks!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

glad you like it!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I love 'Young Folks' or WHAT!
Just saw it on MTV.. ahhh :)

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Young folks" deserves to be a big hit but it don't always happen does it. Just a great pop song though.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are absolutely amazing!!

Well looking forward to them playing in Leeds too.

Young Folks is definitely my fave song of the year.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

k0zmic_butterfly...: i love "Young folks" excelent song from Romania hy to everybody :)>-

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think "Young Folks" is good, just you wait till you hear the Beyond The Wizards Sleeve rework. Erol Alkan's a genius: dancefloor meltdown guarenteed.

8:59 PM  
Blogger mahbenjah said...

Just heard this song on the radio for the first time a couple of hours ago. First new song I've been excited about this year.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard this on 120 minutes 2 weeks ago, just awesome. Read the Uncut album review & went straight out to pre order it. Out on 14th august.
Good luck guys!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song rocks! I heard it on BBC Blue Room on my way home. As soon as I got home...guess what I did? YES - downloaded it! :)

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a song!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely amazing :}nr.1 for this year

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great!;)...but I can't find lyrics:(

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly superb song !! My god its so uplifting i feel like im made of paper

Ant

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it.. Love it... Love it, can't get enough!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heard this on sean rowleys show on radio london. quality.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh!!! I've been listening to it non-stop. Young folks is the song!!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heard it on late night music show, singing and whistling all weekend! should be huge!

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As most of you I love this song...but uhm how is it possible you can freely download the complete song via the link you provide on your blog? Isn't that like..illegal :P

Anyhow let's all order a copy of "Writer's Block" to support our good Swedish friends...

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lyrics
http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/peter_bjorn_and_john_lyrics_9517/writers_block_lyrics_30624/young_folks_lyrics_332379.html

8:09 PM  
Blogger Tiri no se adapta (a esta sociedad) said...

I love this band and I love young folks.
I hope to see tehem in wintercase in Madrid

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great note for a great band!!
I remember Holiday with guys

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG i got that tune in my head all day long. And I like it :) great song.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just beautiful. What a well crafted song. It has a wonderful "feel good" melody that stays with you. Great job PBJ.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty sure the song hasthe most addicting rhythm ive ever heard, and i love it

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More whistling in rockin' pop is needed and these guys knew it. I've been downloading from your site long time and I like it long time. You give good blog.

5:20 PM  
Blogger JL said...

*hugs* This was just what I needed- quite literally. I had been looking for an MP3 version of this song online, since my friend recommended it to me, and came across your site(you probably just saved me hours of time right there!). Thank you! I plan on getting the album now(just wanted to see what their songs were like, exactly what your site is doing).
-Jessie Ling

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whistling in this song was originally meant to be a "stand in" for another instrument during the recording--they liked it just as it is and kept the whistling. I do love it!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sonq is kewl..they made a remix with kanye west

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good music group!!!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close your eyes and go back to 1966. Could you picture Sonny and Cher doing this song? I can. I love its retro sound!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very fresh song.Firstly i heard this song fifa 08's game.After i bought this track...

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home