Friday, June 23, 2006

Serenaide: "The Sweetest"



Serenaide would be another one of my random finds that comes from a lengthy path of links, clicks and boredom, although--and here comes the cheese--Serenaide cured my boredom pretty quickly. The most I could find out about these guys is that they're from Singapore and they are clearly influenced highly by The Cure and Belle and Sebastian, and if they're actually not, it sure as hell sounds like they are. I Highly suggest downloading this song and listening to it over and over again, cause that's all I've been doing.

[MP3]: Serenaide :: The Sweetest
From the sparkly guitar-work to the simple drums and even down to the vocals themselves this song has a very strong "Friday, I'm In Love" vibe. Not that's a bad thing though, a band is obviously going to sound like their main influence(look at me, still assuming that they're heavily influenced by The Cure, but I mean c'mon, they HAVE to be), and it's okay as long as it's built upon and it is definitely built upon here. This song roughly four and a half minutes are full of more melodc hooks than you could shake a stick at.

Buy their awesome album The Other End of the Reciever from Fruit Records

Serenaide on MySpace


Okay so today I was looking through my referring links and I came upon a link from a Texas Aggies message board thread about The Pipettes. So I click the link and I go to check it out and I just about died laughing at the comments and phrases these guys were using. And uh, apparently they have no taste because WE ALL KNOW ROSE IS THE CUTEST. Below you will find a nice transcription of the message board conversation (or you can just read it here).

posted 11:26p, 6/21/2006
There's this new British neo-60s "wall of sound" group called The Pipettes that is trying to be pushed through as the new ironic hipster cliche. Two of the three girls are roots, but the last one is named Gwenno Saunders and IMO she is pretty hot. Here's their picture off of myspace. You'll know her when you see her. I guess she kinda looks like that chick off of Grey's Anatomy, without the huge boobs.

posted 11:56p, 6/21/2006
There's a chick on Grey's Anatomy with big boobs?
note to self: watch Grey's Anatomy.

posted 11:59p, 6/21/2006
Well, I think she got kicked off, so catch it on reruns.

posted 2:10a, 6/22/2006
Their new video. Chick IS hot...
http://blownbythewind.blogspot.com/2006/06/pipettes-pull-shapes-video.html

posted 2:23a, 6/22/2006
'pull shapes' is super catchy

posted 7:15a, 6/22/2006
Dizzamn, that was a catchy arse song.
Oh, and I would throw it in her.

posted 9:07a, 06/22/06
Just watched "Pull Shapes"... or at least the first minute or so, then had to turn it off... HORRIBLE!... The chick is pretty hot though, just needs bigger knockers.

posted 12:32p, 06/22/06
I love it.
They've got a great gimick, and I hope they are successful.

posted 12:38p, 06/22/06
No matter how this gimmick turns out, I'm willing to bet the hot one does just fine.

posted 12:41p, 06/22/06
I hope Wayne Rooney gets back from the World Cup and nails that to the wall (if he hasn't already).

posted 12:42p, 06/22/06
Bananarama, part deux.
But, yes, the chick is hot. Thanks for sharing.

My personal favorite moments would have to be "throw it in her" or "nail that to the wall." Hopefully someone other than myself is somewhat ammused by this.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that was quite amusing. And I would slap her with my salami.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I watched this interview with her on youtube and she's got this working-class British accent. That's pretty great in itself."

She's WELSH hahaha!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

hahaha i know!
that entire conversation is just laughable.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... how did you chance upon this band serenaide? thanks!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Turquoise said...

wow its cool to see you feature serenaide here. how did you hear about them? i have some bootlegs of theirs. if you want, we can get in touch. cheers.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home