Thursday, July 13, 2006

Black Fiction: "I Spread The Disease"



So, I've been sitting on this band Black Fiction for weeks now and I'm really not sure why, because their new album Ghost Ride is one of the freshest and greatest releases I've heard in a while. Set for release on SF label Howell's Transmitter on July 25th, Ghost Ride draws comaprisons to the likes of Animal Collective, Ariel Pink, Beck and even, on this song in particular, early soul artists. Look for this song -- no, this band -- to blow the hell up in the coming weeks. Yeah I'm calling it. Just like Babe Ruth.

[MP3]: Black Fiction :: I Spread The Disease (Highly Recommended!!)
I sent this song to Chris over at GvB last night and his reaction was "Damn kid, post that shit", so if you don't trust me, you gotta trust him. This song opens with an extremely awesome bassline and then breaks into a beat that sounds curiously like the Charlie Brown Christmas special when Lucy is shaking the change in her metal can. Then, when you think it couldn't get any better, here come the vocals, the sweet sweet vocals that do not sound like they're coming out of a white San Francisco man's mouth. But they are, and that's just part of why this song is so great.

Also highly recommended is this song, also from the new album.
[MP3]: Black Fiction :: Great Mystery

Black Fiction on MySpace


Elsewhering:
This is about a month old by now, but it's brand new to me. Over at the Marmaduke Explained blog, Joe Mathlete of the pop band The Mathletes explains each day's new Marmaduke comic in 500 words or less and it's absolutely hilarious. This one is my personal favorite, "Marmaduke has been identified as the ringleader of a gang of criminal dogs by a lady dressed as an acorn, who was apparently the target of some sort of wrongdoing perpetrated by said gang. The police officer's sideways glance towards the reader indicates that he is not taking her complaint very seriously, but the fact that he took the time to round up and arrange three dogs on a miniature police lineup contradicts this air of mild annoyance."

Out Hud broke up. I guess we'll have to live with only !!! from now on out.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dodge said...

i love you too matt. not in a gay way, but more of a prison way.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

prison love is the only kind of love i believe in dude.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Black Fiction...yeah! This stuff is the jam. Thanks for taking care of my boys.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I didnt find it on sixeyes. I found it in my mailbox. Nice to see you've found your way over here though. Never got a jerkstore comment before.

8:52 AM  
Blogger jerkstore said...

Thanks for having me.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

enjoy your stay, man

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but "I Spread The Disease" totally sucks!

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home