Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Ramona Cordova: "Giver's Reply"



I had the treat of recieving nothing but awesome music this past week and among the many others, Ramona Cordova's The Boy Who Floated Freely has got to be one of my favorites. Listening to this album all the way through is an experience not to be missed. Ramona's MySpace say's he sounds like "a fairytale." That couldn't be more spot-on, his music picks you up out of your seat and tosses you back to your childhood where everyone is smiling and you havent got a care in the world except for swaying to the melodies. The Boy Who Floated Freely came out last year in the U.S. on ECA Records and this year in Europe on the Clapping Music label. So go buy it, if you haven't already, cause yknow, it's fantastic. Here's my favorite track from the album.

[MP3]: Ramona Cordova :: Giver's Reply (Highly Recommended!!!)
I believe I've mentioned about 100 times now how much I love organ, right? Well, it's because I really do and this song utilizes it perfectly. In fact, most of the song is bare organ and Ramona's deliciously smooth vocals. After the soothing organ gets you all warm and comfortable, he whips out a drum and pots and pans beat out of nowhere and you're like, "Whoa! This is awesome." At least, that's what happened to me.

Ramona Cordova on MySpace

Related:
If you've got time, check out these videos of Ramona on YouTube, they're amazing! one two
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

goodgood! i'm glad to see others are getting into ramona cordova

1:48 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I love Ramona Cordova! Hes amazing!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Ramon is pretty much the best. He won't be back from Europe for a year or so but when he does come back you need to see him. He's one of the most sincere performers I've had the pleasure of seeing.

Everyone else seem to like Giver's Reply but I think Chesser & Heavy on my Head are my favorites.

12:25 AM  
Blogger the awkward epiphany said...

love ramona. thanks for posting and spreading the word of his beautiful music.

i featured a short review of him on my own blog if you want to check it out.

www.theawkwardepiphany.blogspot.com

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home