Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Dears Sign To Arts & Crafts, Release New Album



The Dears have recently signed on with Canadian powerhouse label Arts & Crafts for the release of their upcoming album Gang Of Losers. After picking up the Hidden Cameras just last month it seems Arts & Crafts is finally deciding to pick up more and more acts outside of the Broken Social Scene circle. Here's a track from the upcoming album Gang Of Losers which will be released October 3rd in the US.

[MP3]: The Dears :: Bandwagoneers (Recommended!)
I'm not very familiar at all with any of The Dears' previous releases, but if this song is any sign of what all of their output sounds like, then it looks like I might just become a fan. The song builds the whole time on churning guitars until exploding into each chorus, until the close of the song when the energy seems to grow even larger right before burning out. Also worth mentioning are the female "do do do do's" in the chorus, which can never do anything but help a song.

The Dears on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out their song "Heathrow or Deathrow." Good stuff.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

will do!
thanks :)

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not heard the new one, but they were great..... then really really got on my tits. They tour over here all of the time, and I think it was a case of overkill.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Martin, and I have had the privalege of checking out "Gang of Losers" in its entirety and it is yet another brilliant release from The Dears- and Arts & Crafts. Great job Matt I have been really enjoying the blog for a while now.
Ken

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Martin, and I have had the privalege of checking out "Gang of Losers" in its entirety and it is yet another brilliant release from The Dears- and Arts & Crafts. Great job Matt I have been really enjoying the blog for a while now.
Ken

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I hit the button again.

7:24 PM  
Blogger The Game said...

great record, i thought everyone knew they signed months ago...
theyve had their info in the press section (although I stumbled on it i think its hidden linkwise..)

the new CD is GREAT everyone will be talking about "Gang of Losers"

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically, they're just part of Arts & Crafts outside of Canada...within the country, The Dears and The Hidden Cameras are on different labels.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved their first album and I've just had my first listen to Gang of Losers this morning. It sounds very different to No Cities LEft but there's some good stuff on there. Needs a few more listens I think...

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home