Friday, August 11, 2006

Holy Shit: "Written All Over Your Face"



As you might have noticed, this blog is becoming almost 100% pop focused lately. If you're not a huge sucker for pop like I am, then I'm sorry because here's some more. It's a shame that HOLY SHIT wasn't around when I was a kid because they would have been a great excuse to say "HOLY SHIT" all the time and be able to get away with it. However, it's probably a good thing there around now because I'm pretty sure my 12 year old self would have hated them. My 20 year old self though, well he likes Matt Fishbeck and he likes Ariel Pink, and he especially likes it when they get together to make carefree pop tunes like this one.

[MP3]: Holy Shit :: Written All Over Your Face
What I love about this song is that while it's still got an Ariel Pink feel to it, it also feels much more focused. Focused as in, unlike a lot of of his solo stuff, I want to listen to this song on repeat over and over again. While the guitar carrys the main melody, I think it's the high hat tinkering and hand claps that really do it for me. The song's finest moment comes just as you think the song is about to end and then the handclaps come back in as he sings " I dont have to ask you, it's written all over your face" over and over again into the sunset.

BONUS [MP3]: Ariel Pink :: Getting High in the Morning

Holy Shit's Stranded at Two Harbors is out now on UUAR
Holy Shit on MySpace


Elsewheres:
Here's a new Beck video that's been floating around Youtube. The song is called "Nausea" and it's nothing short of awesome. There's also some great skating in the video too.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you should check out my Ariel Pink Interview...
http://rectangleblog.wordpress.com/2007/01/09/you-can-not-move-in-with-ariel-pink-glamorous-myspace-interview/

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home