Sunday, August 06, 2006

Tick tock you're not a clock



I've always hated The Format, and I still probably do, but it would be a bold lie for me to deny that this song isn't one of the catchiest things I've heard in a while. What do you guys think?

[MP3]: The Format :: Time Bomb (Recommended A lot)
I had avoided their new album completely, but a few people had told me that Time Bomb was one of the best songs of the year so I figured I should look into it. Now, it's hardly the best song of the year, but this chorus has some serious staying power. It'll be in your head for a while.

The Format on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

today is elliott smith's birthday

4:43 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Happy Birthday

12:02 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

time bomb is definately on my list for this year. i <3 how "starting now i'm starting over you swore together forever" is sung. dog problems (the song) is also a favorite.

and man i didn't know i shared birthdays with mr. smith.

happy birthday.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the Format hate?

3:39 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I dont know, just typically theyre very grating to my ears. This song, and maybe a couple others from Dog Problems are the only songs of theirs Ive ever been able to handle, let alone actually really like.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

doooood.

you have to get dog problems. i'll send you the album. i gurantee you'll enjoy the hell outta it.

12:25 AM  
Blogger shan said...

you know, it's funny. this was the first song on the album that stuck in my head and that i carried with me way after i was on to very different music. then, knowing i had to catch the show here in Boston (tonight, actually) to write up the review, i checked the album again... and now the whole fucking thing is in my head. i'm telling you, it's infectious, and the little bacterium guy is Time Bomb.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Dude, "Time Bomb" is hardly NOT not the best song of the year. That's right-- a double negative. I'm THAT serious about this. It rules.

[I even wrote about it over at my blog. That supposedly makes it extra special, right?]

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home