Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Lucksmiths: Adolescent Song Of Mindless Devotion


Mark, Tali, and Marty of The Lucksmiths

I'm not too sure when The Lucksmiths' First Tape actually came out as a "tape", but the cd version came out back in 1993 on Candle Records, and I got around to hearing it for the first time this weekend and it just so happens to hold some serious pop gems. This song in particular might just be my new favorite Lucksmiths track ever.

[MP3]: The Lucksmiths :: Adolescent Song Of Mindless Devotion (Recommended A lot!)
Marty has consistently been becoming one of my favorite songwriters out there, and the more and more I hear, the more I love him (in a totally platonic way, of course). His lyrics alway seem to have this clever wit about them, while also staying sincere in his own sort of way. "I'll change my name to Matthew / leave a welcome mat on your floor / I don't know what five." The simple inclusion of the word "five" there is a perfect example of that wit, while he goes to sing one of of the cutest choruses ever sung.

Your best bet would probably be checking out Ebay if you're looking to pick up a copy of this, but for other Lucksmiths releases, check out Matinee Records or Candle Records.
The Lucksmiths on MySpace!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

6 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

i just started reading your blog a few weeks ago, and i've loved all your indie pop posts, but this one takes the cake! the lucksmiths do not get enough love, so kudos to you for shedding some much needed spotlight on marty's wonderful lyrics. keep up the lovely work!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of all the bands and artists I've found on the Internet the one I had never heard of but have learned to love the most is The Lucksmiths. Thanks for this song. I had never heard it and it is great, like most of their songs.


Jeff

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song is not even close to my favorite Lucksmiths song, but is fantastic of course, like everything they've ever done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT STUFF

Have you heard their cover of Deep Sea Diving Suit by The Magnetic Fields? This is one of my current favorite Lucksmiths songs. http://www.geocities.com/cassrevival/deepsea.zip

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that a band with 10 albums still gets rise out of people with a free mp3.

i love this band.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

theyre just so fantastic, i dont see how anyone couldn't love them

1:23 PM  
Blogger فروشگاه اینترنتی said...

i love that a band .. I hope you will continue your posting of article
https://www.baneh.com
thanks .

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home