Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Daylight's For The Birds: "To No One"


Daylight's For The Birds

I think I remember downloading this song from Chris quite a while ago, but since Daylight's For The Birds' debut was finally released (October 31st, actually), I figured it was fine time to revisit it. Plus, it's just a really great song anyway, so if you haven't been acquainted with it yet, I suggest you do so now.

For those of you unfamiliar with Daylight's For The Birds, they're a dream pop/shoegaze band with hauntingly beautiful female vocals courtesy of the late On!Air!Library!'s Claudia Deheza. The band also features Phillip of On!Air!Library!, Jay Giampietro, and ex-Boggs drummer Brad Conroy. Um, yeah, I guess that's pretty much all you need to know. Oh, and their debut record Trouble Everywhere (I don't really care for the album title) was released on the wonderful This Generation Tapes label.

[MP3]: Daylight's For The Birds :: To No One (Highly Rec'd dudes)
Oddly enough, my favorite song by Daylight's For The Birds -- this song -- is one of the tracks where Claudia is actually NOT on vocals. Amanda Garret takes over the singing duties on "To No One" and does an extraordinary job, adding to already etheral sounding track. My heart kinda melts a little when she sings "I do, I do, I do, I do" near the end right before exploding into the titantic of vocal finalies. Maybe shoegaze is making a comeback afterall.

BONUS [MP3]: Daylight's For The Birds :: World's Away
Claudia does however appear on this track, which is almost as great as the one above.

Pick up Trouble Everywhere from Amazon.com
Daylight's For The Birds on MySpace

********************************************

Matt's got a bunch of new Modest Mouse tracks for your downloading pleasure! I've made a commitment to myself to not listen to any live versions until the album either leaks or is released. I want to be completely surprised. I still haven't heard any new Shins material either. I'm very very excited for both of them though. However, much more excited for Modest Mouse than The Shins. Anyway, if you're interested, he as well as many other bloggers, I think, have got em.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love "To No One"...thank you for posting it!

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on the post above - getting the album as soon as I get home!

Great content on this site!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home