Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Chilly Fall Mixtape Project: Nine and Ten


Mixtape Project is now back. We're now on tracks nine and ten.

It's been a while since the last Mixtape Project post, but what with school and hosting and bandwidth issues, we hit a rough spot there for a week or two, or three. But who's counting? Anyway, no more time to waste, I'm kinda hungry and I believe there's some midnight cereal waiting for me in the kitchen.

9. [MP3]: The Olivia Tremor Control :: Marking Time
Now I wouldn't quite consider this one of my very favorite OTC tunes ever, but that's alright because this is a Fall Mixtape and not a favorite songs mixtape. So, while it's not a huge favorite, it does have a certain "Fall" feel to it. What is that certain Fall sound though? Well, I really don't know, it could be the acoustic guitar, it might the be the harp at the beggining of the song, but you'll know it when you hear it, and then you'll say something like, "Damn, he's right."

10. [MP3]: Radiohead :: The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
Most all of the songs I'm choosing for this have already been pre-planned for this project, but after thinking about it for a while, I decided to add this song to the mix. The main reason I thought about not adding it at first was because it's so creepy. If I had a "creepiest songs ever" list, this song would surely be very near the top. However, I went for a walk the other night and decided to listen to this (I finally have an iPod!) and it just seemed to be the perfect soundtrack to the cold fall air and the leafless trees all around me. Thing is, anything that would typically appear normal, now seemed suspiciously scary. Note: This song also just so happens to feature some of my favorite lines Thom Yorke's ever written:

I want to see you smile again
Like diamonds in the dust
The amazing sound of the killing hordes
The day the banks collapse on us

Cease this endless chattering
Like everything is fine
When sorry is not good enough
Sit in the back while no-one drives

So glad you're mine


So awesome, yet so extremely unnerving.

********************************************
The previous Mixtape posts are all probably dead at this point due to Ezarchive's upgrade, so if you missed any of the previous posts, let me know and I will reupload them. Also, as noted above, I've been pretty into really creepy sounding songs lately. I'll take some recommendations if you got em.

Also, if you're having any problems with these MP3 links please let me know. They should be fine, but I just wanna make sure. Thanks.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home