Monday, October 30, 2006

Young Galaxy sign to Arts & Crafts, Tour with The Dears


Locating an actual photo of the band proved to be much harder than just cropping this.

So, as noted above, I'm still not sure what Young Galaxy looks like. Typically this would present itself as a problem because I like to know what a band looks like when I listen to ther music. It just adds a sort of aesthetic appeal, I think. However, in Young Galaxy's case, I think their music can be all the more appreciated under a veil of mystery. But, what with signing to powerhouse label Arts & Crafts and touring with The Dears this Fall, I don't think they're gonna be able to stay hidden for much longer. Their debut on A&C is set for release in Spring 2007. Now, that's a long ways away, I know, but until then you can listen to this song from the forthcoming album or catch them on tour. Or you can ignore me and go play video games, or knit me something. Actually, if someone wants to knit me an iPod cozy, that would be the coolest thing ever.

[MP3]: Young Galaxy :: Swing Your Heartache (Highly rec'd!)
Note: That link downloads a .zip file with the MP3 enclosed. I would host the the track myself, but Ezarchive is still in it's whatever process until November 1st so please bear with us. Thanks. :)

Tourdates (all dates with The Dears):

November 28, 2006 Seattle, WA Neumo's
November 30, 2006 Portland, OR Doug Fir
December 1, 2006 San Francisco, CA Independent
December 2, 2006 Los Angeles, CA El Ray
December 4, 2006 Salt Lake City, UT Urban Lounge
December 5, 2006 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater
December 7, 2006 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue
December 8, 2006 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro

Young Galaxy on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger alt-gramma said...

Great - We already have our tickets for the Dec. 2 show. We'll see what they look like!

~alt-gramma~
@ Speed of Dark

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really great stuff. Has all the heart The Dears are missing with their last album.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home