Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Girl whose favorite thing is snow, snow and being alone


The Last Holy Writer cover art.

I've been meaning to post this song for weeks and weeks now and I kept forgetting, but Larryhag's Interview with Bobby Wratten over at Indie MP3 today reminded me! Trembling Blue Stars' new record, The Last Holy Writer, is just further proof that anything Bobby Wratten touches turns to gold. So, it's no surprise the record includes what is probably my favorite song of the year, in the form of "Idyllwild."

[MP3]: Trembling Blue Stars :: Idyllwild (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!)
There are so many parts of this song that I love. I love Beth Arzy's voice. I love the lyrics. I love the melody. I love it all! Musically, it's probably the most upbeat song on The Last Holy Writer, despite the fact that lyrically it's really quite sad. Beth Arzy sings (quite beautifully), "Life was so open then, now it’s closing in / Life was wide open then, now it’s closing in / One by one, we’ve watched our dreams disappearing." It's really quite an amazing song and I hope you love it as much as I do! The rest of the lyrics can be found here, if you want to read along while you listen, cause I really love to do that.

If you do love it as much as me then you should probably go pick up the record from Elefant Records. I assure you it's wonderful. Beautifully wonderful, infact!

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

good record. real interesting production.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks mate!

xbeth tbs

8:54 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

AS much as I would like to take the credit it was Larryhag who did the interview.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

oh boy, it seems he did! for some reason i thought it was you

12:50 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

also Hi Beth! and youre welcome :)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this album!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Roland said...

Fantastic, thank you!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Seth Glickman said...

thank you so much for posting this
i think i'm literally in love with her

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home