Monday, May 28, 2007

Let's Kiss The Boys Who Pee In Mud


Múm

I haven't stepped off the indiepop sidewalk for a post in quite a few weeks, so allow me to do so now. Come September, I'm predicting that Múm's first new record in OVER THREE YEARS will very likely become my favorite of the year. Of course, this could be untrue, but at the moment I'm crossing my fingers that Go Go Smear The Poison Ivy will be beautiful, incredible and eveything I'm hoping for. I'm still pretty bummed that Kristín Anna is no longer in the band, but with the actual "band" now up to seven members, hopefully they'll be able to make up for the loss. The songs on the new record come from all different periods of the band's career, with one of the tracks dating back to Yesterday Was Dramatic, Today Is Okay. A version of the new record's title track was recorded during the band's Hlaupanotan session this past March 19th, and I've been pretty addicted to it the past couple days, so I figure that can only be a good sign!

[MP3]: Múm :: Go Go Smear The Poison Ivy, Let Your Crooked Hands Be Holy

Again, Go Go Smear The Poison Ivy will be out in September on FatCat Records and will probably have really great packaging as per usual.

Múm on MySpace

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man i don't know matt... :'/

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(oh it's me jay)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

i'm not real worried but i'm am slightly worried. i feel like theyve all been worrying about their haircuts too much :'(

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the album version, renamed "Blessed Brambles," taken from a Fat Cat '07 sampler: http://download.yousendit.com/0A2C377D7DA45366
It sounds almost identical to the version you posted, though crisper, until the horn part 3 minutes or so in, when it starts to deviate a bit.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont know. i dont like the new album that much. it sounds so lovely and sweet i cant bear it no more. finally we are noone was amazing, yesterday too... mum always clinged to be sweet and so, but they were also honest.. the new record seems like a lie to me :)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home